Retailers have enough to worry about without having to think about their in-store equipment. But with Vista Retail Support’s five handy tips, you can make a few shop adjustments to ensure you don’t lose any precious selling time.
1. Beware of pin pad cords – you’ve been there, you’ve seen it – the PIN pad is handed to you, only for the cord to get tangled, spring back and smash against the till. Keep those cords tidy!
2. Monitor backlights – it’s not just your PCs that need looking after, if the monitor goes down, the till goes down and you lose sales opportunities.
3. Cable management – many in-store items aren’t hard wired so best check where those wires are hanging to avoid potential mishaps.
4. Spillages – keep tea runs to a minimum and employ exclusion zones around your tills and other vital back office equipment. Is a cuppa really as important as lost sales?
5. Let your PCs breathe! – computers are not furniture and don’t like A4 reams of paper blocking their fans. Treat them like a vintage Chippendale and give them space.